Re: Z110 door monitor problems

On 9/2/2020 5:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 8/28/2020 3:56 PM, RTS wrote:
>> On 8/28/2020 4:34 PM, Rod B wrote:
>>> I have used a z1100 at several homes in three states because my wife
>>> likes this model.
>>> During Hurricane Laura this week I shut the z1100mai power switch in
>>> the alarm control box to save the alarm batteries since we lost power.
>>>
>>> Today our power is back on on so I turned the alarm switch back on
>>> and everything is perfect except one, the door monitor.
>>>
>>> Instead of three beeps we a door is opened, I get about 15 beeps.
>>>
>>> Every thing else is fine.
>>>
>>> Help
>>>

>> try turning the monitor command on..
>>
>> press 6  then your PAC (user code)
>>

> Are you ever tempted to give people bad advice like:
>
> Them:  How do I reset the trouble.
>
> You:  Short these pins (to reset panel.)
>
> I never used to be, but now that I'm out of the business...

  funny you should say that..
I was called to repair an old ademco 1023 panel one time..
the original installer had placed a dead short switch across the
DC output ckt, which was used as the "turn system off" switch..
They had put a 10 ohm resistor across the actual arm/disarm
connection on the 1023..   ;-)
I never did find out if they had made a mistake in wiring or
just didn't know any better...
Oddly it didn't seem to have damaged the panel..
Oh, this one was so old it was using 6vdc indicator bulbs
to display armed and ready to arm...

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*