Re: Whew! More Pleasant Story

On 10/1/2020 9:45 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> I was kind of laid back with (I'll have to say "girls" because I was only 17) until I started wearing the US Navy uniform. It was like a magnet. It worked well while I was in the Navy but it only worked once after I got out. I met my wife within a couple of weeks after I got out and we were married a year later. And still are.
>
> I think the Blues were more impressive than the whites. But you put on those Blues with bell bottoms, 13 button flap, the neckerchief and cocked white hat, and it teaches you all that you said above about the male/female psyche.
>
> At least back then it did. I kind of have my doubts about how it would go over today. Now I think all it takes is a sock hat, a man bun or baseball hat on backwards, a T-shirt with some trashy slogan, a pair of crew shorts hanging down so your skivvies show and a pair of untied rip off Adidas.

Soooooo Jim,

When and where did you serve?

I served on board the USS Providence CLG-6 that was 1st Fleet Flag when
I got on board in 1965 and then we deployed across the water to be the
7th Fleet Flag.  Where ever the Admiral wanted to go............. we
did and then some.  Discharged in 1967 for Treasure Island, Calif.
Was given a check for $325.00 to buy a one-way ticket home to
Philadelphia.  I turned it into Travelers Checks and put
my thumb out and got short and long rides across country.  Took
me 3 days to make it home.  Sadly it took 3 days.  Have always
wished I would have made it take 30 days or more.  But, the
experience was well worth it.  Lots of stories for another day.

Les