Re: ADT SPAM I got today

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 9:58:44 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 6/23/2020 9:35 AM, RTS wrote:

> >> Ages ago I setup an email address for spam where I solicited quotes=20
> >> and advertising from the various door knockers so I would know what=20
> >> customers were talking about when they said, "Well AD-PEX-ONE-HOUSE is=
=20
> >> giving away free alarm systems."=C2=A0 I have used that address for a=
=20
> >> throw-a-way and for various other registrations over the years.=C2=A0 =
Then=20
> >> they instituted spam filters and I have to check the junk my now for=
=20
> >> intel on what "those guys" are doing.
> >>
> >> One made it through the spam filter just the other day 30.99 a month=
=20
> >> on approved credit for 3 years except in California where its only 2=
=20
> >> years. =C2=A0=C2=A0I didn't look to see what equipment they offered, b=
efore I=20
> >> hit the delete button.
> >=20
> >=20
> > for spam,=C2=A0 i look in the email header for the original IP address =
( will=20
> > be a group of numbers.)
> > then I add that IP to my bounce back filter.
> > You can also send that IP address to your email provider and have them=
=20
> > add it to their block filter..
> > That will put a stop to future email from them..
> > Of course you'll still have to do that each time they use a different
> > IP host..
> >=20
>=20
> No.  I WANTED the SPAM from those guys.  Its to an address I only use=20
> for throwaway registration and soliciting SPAM from certain companies.

Yeah, I actually have 5 Email addresses for various uses. One for this grou=
p actually

With AOL, in case someone really tries to get inventive,( translate that to=
 annoying)  they have a email spam filter where you just enter the email ad=
dress and then it's blocked from that point on.
I don't really care that much for AOL but I've had the address since the ea=
rly 90's so it's kinda to late to change it now.