Re: ADT SPAM I got today

On 6/23/2020 8:58 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 6/22/2020 1:23 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 6/22/2020 12:04 PM, rosesonly2005@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> i get at least one email per day from ADT, very annoying.
>>>
>>> ADTPremierProvider b5bOzQ4eU35___7692@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx via jetlimit.com

>> I wonder if Mr. Wolf will still agree that it is a problem
>> after 19 years??
>>

> Ages ago I setup an email address for spam where I solicited quotes and
> advertising from the various door knockers so I would know what
> customers were talking about when they said, "Well AD-PEX-ONE-HOUSE is
> giving away free alarm systems."  I have used that address for a
> throw-a-way and for various other registrations over the years.  Then
> they instituted spam filters and I have to check the junk my now for
> intel on what "those guys" are doing.
>
> One made it through the spam filter just the other day 30.99 a month on
> approved credit for 3 years except in California where its only 2 years.
>   I didn't look to see what equipment they offered, before I hit the
> delete button.

for spam,  i look in the email header for the original IP address ( will
be a group of numbers.)
then I add that IP to my bounce back filter.
You can also send that IP address to your email provider and have them
add it to their block filter..
That will put a stop to future email from them..
Of course you'll still have to do that each time they use a different
IP host..

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*