Re: Anyone knows the installer code that Tyco uses

On 2/20/2020 9:40 PM, mleuck wrote:
> On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 11:07:16 PM UTC-6, Bee Bop wrote:
>> Well, I have not used a 128FBPN, but a quick google search will show you what the default code is, 5140 or whatever.
>>
>> Again, as far as I know, it is not a lockable board. No *88 to lockout and prevent power up to get into programming.
>>
>> Tyco is ADT somewhat? Look up programming on ADT systems, and you might get close.
>>
>> Also, the board uses a removable chip right? Put in another chip...! Just saying. It is not rocket science, just plain logic.
>>
>> Even if the main chip is soldered on any board, there is usually another chip available on the board. Think outside the box- well not literally.
>>
>> I do hate locked boards for takeovers. But, after some years, they are not a problem anymore. A cheap security system mainboard is not much dollars to spend, but a fire system/security combo board is not cheap. I do not think that any board should be locked out after the monitoring term expires. No company should be taking over the right of ownership of the board from the real actual owner of the system, and appropriate it to themselves only. If someone calls to get into a formerly locked system that has not a defaulted installer code, we give it out...
>>
>> ...Pause and take a breath... Do not worry, the code is only valid for that system, it is one of 10,000 combinations. You are not using the same code for your systems for everyone, are you??? Practice safe installer code allocation, and you will sleep well at night.
>>
>> Now, during an active monitoring term by contract, you better keep out of anyone else's boards though.
>>
>> Just trying to be fair,    to everyone.
>>
>> This is a good group, fun guys, you probably just started out too strong.
>>
>> And yes, I am a small person.
>>
>> Bee Bop
>
> Yes it can be completely locked out but not through installer programming
>
> And while replacing the board can be easy when you are dealing with a large board like a 128 that it can be a major pain getting everything to work like it did before especially when you don't know how it was previously configured

Not to mention the likely Monitoring Contract that will be in violation
once someone other than Tyco touches the panel.  And then there are
local/state code violations if this panel happens to be an approved
Fire Alarm install.  Duhhhh

Just saying.

Maybe all of that is for another thread...... or not!!

Les