Re: A puzzle to solve

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 7:51:14 AM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 2/10/2020 1:41 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 7:49:11 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> >>

> >> Well JIM!!!
> >>
> >> You pose a interesting puzzle.
> >>
> >> My first thought was to burn down the building and start over.
> >> But, NO that would not be a good thing...................
> >>
> >> So if you were using good quality wire and you looked at the footage
> >> label on the wire and knew the length of the run, then doing a little
> >> algebraic calculation should give you the wire to find.
> >>
> >> I could be wrong, but this is just a test, right??
> >>
> >> Let me know how I scored!!
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Les
> >=20
> > Hi Les
> >=20
> > Not a test exactly.
> >=20
> > I'm just wondering if anybody else knows my little trick.
> >=20
> > I'm going to hold off on the answer for a few day until I think that ev=
eryone has checked in on it.
> >=20
>=20
> So Jim,
>=20
> Your "trick" is different.  But, you did not say my trick won't work??
> Meaning that yours will work on cheap no footage label on the sheath.
>=20
> Looking forward to the solution.
> Oh, wait!!
> You ordered up the "Solution Manual" and it explained ALL!!  LOL
>=20
> Have a good week!!
>=20
> Les

Maybe in this installation I might have been able to choose one out of the =
20 wires going in the direction of the TV was the one I "Thought" it was bu=
t I don't think I would have felt confident that I had the right one. And, =
I would have had to wait until I was doing the final hookup on the TV to fi=
nd out.