A puzzle to solve

Hey guys, the other day I had a problem tracing a wire and I used a method =
I=E2=80=99ve used for years. It just occurred to me that I don=E2=80=99t kn=
ow if it=E2=80=99s something that everybody knows or not.

This was the problem. I ran about a hundred fifty cat 6 wires for both netw=
ork and telephone in a 5000 square foot office. The office was originally m=
eant to be two individual office spaces and separated by a thick fire wall.=
 A bunch of the network wires ran through the fire wall to the other side. =
There are ceiling tiles at about 16 feet. One of those wires was for the pu=
rpose of carrying a signal to an 82 inch TV on the other side of the firewa=
ll that was mounted about 10 feet off the floor. The wire was supposed to b=
e running from a cable box in a utility closet on the other side of the fir=
e wall via an HDMI extender.. In back of the wall with the TV are two small=
 rooms. One a bathroom and one a storage closet both with only 8 foot ceili=
ng tiles. In order to get to the back of the TV the ceiling grid needs to b=
e disassembled and an extension ladder maneuvered into the small room and p=
ut up to see over the wall to the back of the TV. Something I had planned t=
o only have to do once when connecting the TV to the HDMI extender.

Well the owner decides that he doesn=E2=80=99t want the cable box in the ut=
ility closet. He wants it moved to another closet in another office. Now, -=
--- I have the TV wire in the utility closet labeled out of the hundred or =
so network wires but all the wires are bundled, and tied into a cable and m=
ounted to the network rack and shelves.  That is, ---- the wires aren=E2=80=
=99t just loose and hanging going up through the ceiling from the closet be=
low. Above the ceiling above the closet I can see that there are 20 or so w=
ires coming through the fire wall from the direction of the TV. So above th=
e ceiling, I can=E2=80=99t tell which wire in that bundle is the one from t=
he TV .=20

OK, so I take out my wire signal tracer and attach it to the wire end in th=
e utility closet and discover that I=E2=80=99m not getting signal. I can on=
ly surmise that when I pulled the wires over to the TV I stripped them all,=
 twisted them together so I could reduced the size of the wires I had to pu=
t through the hook in my snake. So now the bare wires are shorted behind th=
e TV and I can=E2=80=99t get a signal from my wire tracer up in the ceiling=
 above the utility closet so that I know which wire to pull back up from th=
e closet to re-route to the other closet.=20

And remember, I can't see where the wires are in the closet from above and =
I=E2=80=99m working alone on an extension ladder and I don=E2=80=99t have a=
nyone to try and tug on the wire from below.=20

I found the wire in less than 5 minutes.=20

How would you do it?