Re: Anyone knows the installer code that Tyco uses

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 12:07:16 AM UTC-5, Bee Bop wrote:
> Well, I have not used a 128FBPN, but a quick google search will show you =
what the default code is, 5140 or whatever.=20
>=20
> Again, as far as I know, it is not a lockable board. No *88 to lockout an=
d prevent power up to get into programming.
>=20
> Tyco is ADT somewhat? Look up programming on ADT systems, and you might g=
et close.
>=20
> Also, the board uses a removable chip right? Put in another chip...! Just=
 saying. It is not rocket science, just plain logic.
>=20
> Even if the main chip is soldered on any board, there is usually another =
chip available on the board. Think outside the box- well not literally.
>=20
> I do hate locked boards for takeovers. But, after some years, they are no=
t a problem anymore. A cheap security system mainboard is not much dollars =
to spend, but a fire system/security combo board is not cheap. I do not thi=
nk that any board should be locked out after the monitoring term expires. N=
o company should be taking over the right of ownership of the board from th=
e real actual owner of the system, and appropriate it to themselves only. I=
f someone calls to get into a formerly locked system that has not a default=
ed installer code, we give it out...
>=20
> ...Pause and take a breath... Do not worry, the code is only valid for th=
at system, it is one of 10,000 combinations. You are not using the same cod=
e for your systems for everyone, are you??? Practice safe installer code al=
location, and you will sleep well at night.=20
>=20
> Now, during an active monitoring term by contract, you better keep out of=
 anyone else's boards though.
>=20
> Just trying to be fair,    to everyone.
>=20
> This is a good group, fun guys, you probably just started out too strong.
>=20
> And yes, I am a small person.=20
>=20
> Bee Bop

Hello,
       Thank you for your thoughtful response, I took Bob's advice and went=
 and got a board and is in the process of getting the church to get their r=
elationship with Tyco sorted out and we will give it a shot, will post our =
success or epic failure on this adventure.
Once again to all the guys that replied I would like to acknowledge that my=
 request was blunt and was not looking at the ethical aspect of asking to r=
eveal protected information.
As for small  person , I would say you are big on looking at things in a co=
llaborative point of view.
Thank you for you advice and look forward to hopefully one day have some th=
ing to contribute=20

Regards,
Stephen James.  =20