Re: 3G radios/CDMA sunset

On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 11:13:58 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/8/2019 10:40 PM, mleuck wrote:
> > On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 11:55:52 PM UTC-5, Hogan wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> Just wondering if anyone has a lot of slowly sunsetting communicators =
that they are worried about, and what steps or solutions that you may have =
taken or are contemplating as a solution. There is only about 220 million o=
f them in the US.

> >> Hogan
> >=20
> > Sure it is an issue, replacing with LTE communicators is the only optio=
> >=20
>=20
> With all the other "stuff" that I do, I now have to write
> a letter to my customers on 3G explaining that they will have
> to spend some dollars to continue with there current plan.
>=20
> Writing the letter, for me, is a big challenge in itself!!
>=20
> A volunteer with good writing skills to handle this would
> be most appreciated.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Les
Dear customer,

As we all experience now days, old technology is constantly being replaced =
with new, Seems like we just get used to our new cell phones and a new one =
is being advertised.

Likewise, in the alarm busines, we are subject to the advances that the cel=
l phone providers make with their technologies.=20

You presently have a cellular radio installed at your (home/business) using=
 a technology that will soon be subject to being replaced by cellular provi=
ders with a newer better service. As evidenced by past performance, the cel=
lular service for your device will become less and less available until the=
 announced "sunset" date arrives. I will be contacting you over the next (c=
ouple of days, weeks, months) to discuss what options are available to help=
 you though this transition to newer updated technology.=20

As always, thank you for your business and loyalty through the years. It's =
been a pleasure serving you.