Re: 3G radios/CDMA sunset

On 9/11/2019 12:25 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 11:13:58 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Sure it is an issue, replacing with LTE communicators is the only option
>>>

>> With all the other "stuff" that I do, I now have to write
>> a letter to my customers on 3G explaining that they will have
>> to spend some dollars to continue with there current plan.
>>
>> Writing the letter, for me, is a big challenge in itself!!
>>
>> A volunteer with good writing skills to handle this would
>> be most appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
> Dear customer,
>
> As we all experience now days, old technology is constantly being replaced with new, Seems like we just get used to our new cell phones and a new one is being advertised.
>
> Likewise, in the alarm busines, we are subject to the advances that the cell phone providers make with their technologies.
>
> You presently have a cellular radio installed at your (home/business) using a technology that will soon be subject to being replaced by cellular providers with a newer better service. As evidenced by past performance, the cellular service for your device will become less and less available until the announced "sunset" date arrives. I will be contacting you over the next (couple of days, weeks, months) to discuss what options are available to help you though this transition to newer updated technology.
>
> As always, thank you for your business and loyalty through the years. It's been a pleasure serving you.

WOW!!  I couldn't said it better.

Thanks Jim!!  I owe you a big one.

I was having trouble revising the letter I wrote
when 2G got the sunset back in 2015.  To mostly the
same customers.

This does give me a fresh start and is most appreciated.

You made my day.  After battling with the sprinkler
guys and AHJ's ALL day, this certainly was timed perfectly.

KUDO's and ATTABOY's to you Jim!!!

Thanks!!

Les