Re: DSC PC1616 Date Time Issue

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 7:23:10 PM UTC-5, Jack wrote:
> My mother in law's DS PC1616 panel is on the blink after the PGE
> blackout from the past day. I have watched several videos on Youtube on
> how to enter the date and time by entering *6 Master Code press 1 * then
> enter military time, then date. When I enter #6 1234 I hear a beep from
> the panel, but there is no visual que on the panel for keypad input. So
> it's not clear whether the installer has changed the master code, or I'm
> doing something wrong.
>
> There is a yellow symbol on the panel and when I enter *2 it returns a
> code of 8. So I know this is the trouble code for the date and time not
> being set. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong here, or I am
> going to have to get a technician to come out an reprogram the panel?
>
> She can arm and disarm the panel and it is not beeping, but the yellow
> caution symbol needs to be reset.

If it's a long beep she's not using the Master code, the keypad should beep several times and turn a Lock icon or PROGRAM light ON if it is the correct Master Code

It's likely she has an LED or Fixed English keypad that will not show any visual cues during time/date programming, Follow the instructions regardless and see if that doesn't fix the issue