Re: RELIABLE LATE-TO-OPEN AUTOMATED DEVICE FOR TEXT/ EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TO CUSTOMER

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 9:33:54 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
>=20
> Go Alarm.com and SEM cell module for the Vista, you will not be sorry

REALLY?

I don't use alarm dot com because when it first was introduced it didn't ge=
t good reviews. I just checked again at your recommendation and this is wha=
t I found.=20

Are you sure it's OK? Doesn't sound like it from the sound of these reviews=
.

These reviews are all from end users not installation companies.
=20

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yolanda

May 4th, 2019 =20

i usually don=E2=80=99t write reviews. This company is horrible. We got thi=
s alarm system for our newly built home in November 2017. The first few mon=
ths the alarm system worked great so we thought. We started to have problem=
s with our doorbell camera. It wasn=E2=80=99t working on our app on our pho=
nes. Called the monitoring company and had to keep resetting the camera.. F=
or the last 5 months kept having the same problem. My husband called the co=
mpany and found out the main panel had went out. The company sent out a new=
 panel when it arrived via U.P.S. It was the wrong panel. Company sent out =
circuit boards this time not the panel. My husband had to replace the circu=
it boards himself. Come to find out Alarm .com do not have any technicians =
in the field to fix the alarm system if it goes out. He had to call the tec=
hnical support number and they will walk you through how to fix the problem=
. After spending 3 hours on the phone via video chat with them , he finally=
 got the system working. I found the whole ordeal frustrating and on top of=
 that our home wasn=E2=80=99t being monitored for all those months that the=
 panel was down. So we were paying for months of monitoring that wasn=E2=80=
=99t working. The monitoring company refuse to refund or credit our account=
 for those months.

 =20
User Score

0

Bill Brown (yes, I=E2=80=99m so disdainful I=E2=80=99m giving my real name)

May 1st, 2019 Waukegan, IL=20

I have many Alexa apps. This is designed by an idiot. So, I would expect th=
e idiot to improve after 2 years. Nope. The idiot is still the same old idi=
ot.=20

If this is what they do when they are making their daily impression,I just =
really don=E2=80=99t know whether to expect them to actually do anything.=
=20

These guys were put here by my home automation company. And because of alar=
m.vom, I don=E2=80=99t think good things about them either.

User Score

0

Mrs Montgomery

April 30th, 2019 Sherman, TX=20

Alarm.com is the worst company I ever dealt with. When they sale the system=
 to you they don=E2=80=99t tell you everything. Example: The door bell came=
ra only lets you get 1000 clips a month and it stops recording and you have=
 to pay for more clips. But when I first got it I got unlimited clips. Thei=
r camera is no good some times it would not have no sound or picture and th=
ey tried to blame it on my internet but my internet connection was fine. My=
 system just goes off by itself and you keep calling for service and no one=
 comes to fix it. They tell you a tech is coming and they never show up. Bu=
t they want your money but don=E2=80=99t give you no service.

 =20
User Score

0

Jonathan Held

April 29th, 2019 Seattle, WA=20

I=E2=80=99ve had alarm.com for about three years now. It=E2=80=99s junk. My=
 system frequently encounters issues where the alarm.com web site and mobil=
e app simply stop responding to commands. For example, sending the command =
to turn on and off lights, unlock or lock doors simply fails today. On thei=
r web site and mobile app, they show the command being received. Unfortuant=
ely, that doesn=E2=80=99t tell you whether or not the command succeeded as =
I found out the hard way (the commands are silently failing). The interface=
 definitely has significant room for improvement and debugging and fixing t=
he system should not require the service provider to come out. Remeber, thi=
s is an automated solution! Reliability is a huge disappointment as these i=
ssues occur REPEATEDLY every 4 to 6 months. I=E2=80=99m ditching this piece=
 of junk for a better alternative that is reliable.

 =20
User Score

3

Kisha London

April 26th, 2019 Florence, SC=20

3 people found this review helpful!

Our family is currently protected by Alarm.com it=E2=80=99s been over a yea=
r; however, whenever you need technical support if something happens to you=
r system is a very Big Hassle! Our problem has not been solved. We were tol=
d a tech can come May 13th and we would have to pay the tech $50 an hour. T=
he saddest part about this is our problem is simple. We changed our Wi-fi p=
assword. So our equipment only needs to be updated to the new password. We=
=E2=80=99re called numerous of times. After holding 25-30 mins a friendIy t=
ech answers ask for all your info, ask you the problem, place you on hold, =
and the call is dropped. We=E2=80=99ve never missed a payment or ever been =
late. I came on here not to recommend this company but they don=E2=80=99t h=
ave this option. I=E2=80=99m sure it=E2=80=99s many other people who will n=
ot recommend this company and stuck in their contract like us. (JGilmore)

 =20
User Score

0

April 24th, 2019 Benton, AR=20

Absolutely the worst customer service that I have dealt with. The technicia=
ns (if they can even be called that) are rude and unhelpful. They hang up t=
he phone in the middle of troubleshooting when they are clueless as to what=
 to do.

 =20
User Score

0

Michelle

April 18th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV=20

I NEVER write reviews!! BUT I can=E2=80=99t say this enough!!! DO NOT PURCH=
ASE ALARM.COM!!!! Do not!!! They tell you what you want to hear but after i=
t=E2=80=99s installled and they have your payment you are stuck with a hora=
ble system. It can=E2=80=99t pick up a 250lb man walking in your house but =
it picks up and sends you 215 messages during the night because the wind is=
 blowing a tree branch. Can=E2=80=99t pick up a person on camera unless it=
=E2=80=99s right in front of the camera? Costumer service =E2=80=A6horrible=
, can=E2=80=99t get the first guy that told you all the lies to come back o=
ut. Please research better! I wished we had!!

 =20
User Score

1

R. Hernandez

April 5th, 2019 =20

=20
Do not do business with this company! They contract their work out and seem=
 to not care how their contractors handle business. Twice I=E2=80=99ve had =
connection problems and could not receive a call back for two months, so no=
w I have a new router and have done what the app ask to do to connect new r=
outer no luck and again their contractor has left me hanging going on 3 mon=
ths, do not do business with Total Connect in Modesto CA., and I get no hel=
p from Alarm.com they listen to my complaint then nicely say they have noth=
ing they can do it=E2=80=99s the contract company that I cannot get in cont=
act with that I need to talk with.

 =20
User Score

0

troy

April 1st, 2019 =20

we have contacted brinks about a bill they said we owed 278 dollars first t=
hey said the tech put in a new camera witch he did not he just reconnected =
existing cameras, then they said he was here for 4 hours he was here under =
an hour they said after they talked to the tech we were responsible for the=
 bill I don=E2=80=99t have a problem paying for services but not paying for=
 something that was not done now they wont even call us back

 =20
User Score

0

Jose

March 28th, 2019 Lewiston, ID=20

I have owned a few Alarm.com system and related products for about 6 months=
 now. I have had two devices fail and the system requires constant troubles=
hooting. This thing is not worth the price nor the time to keep working.

 =20
User Score

0

Ajura

March 25th, 2019 =20

Won=E2=80=99t help at all. Told them my home has been without security and =
they haven=E2=80=99t responded. It=E2=80=99s been over 10 days. Don=E2=80=
=99t buy this. Get simplisafe instead. They expect you to read the fine pri=
nt as your are locked in for 3 years! They don=E2=80=99t tell you that at a=
ll. It=E2=80=99s seriously insane.

 =20
User Score

0

Norma Monroy

March 25th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA=20

This has to be the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing=
 with. From customer service to the actual installation. Every time I call,=
 they reroute me to another department and it wasn=E2=80=99t until this las=
t time I called when I had the initial person who answers stay on the phone=
 with me until they =E2=80=9Cresolved the issue,=E2=80=9D which in the end =
never was resolved anyhow even now 30 days after the call. It has been an o=
ngoing issue for almost a year. They claim that they only have one expert o=
n the West Coast to help with installation. They also have sent the expert =
who doesn=E2=80=99t complete the work and lies about the work that has been=
 completed in his work orders. I am so fed up and I actively shopping for a=
nother company so when my contract ends in April I will lose them. I am fed=
 up with them and their customer service and overall product.

 =20
User Score

0

Michael Vraja

March 18th, 2019 =20

Have outdoor cameras that record periodically. It will record a snowflake b=
ut it wont record a human walking in the yard. I=E2=80=99ve had 5 different=
 tech support agents and one tech on site and they still cant figure out th=
e problem. They said I can pay another $85 to bring another tech out and $6=
0 for each additional hour. Camera are under warranty by the manufacturer b=
ut that cant give me new cameras unless another tech says they are malfunct=
ioning. The other solution I got was that they can send me new different br=
ands of cameras but they will have to extend my contract by 19 months. If I=
 want to cancel then I would have to pay thousands to get out of the contra=
ct. Whatt a crock of you know what. This is the worst company ever. Better =
off going with another company. 100% dissatisfied!!!!!

 =20
User Score

0

JAMES OSADCZUK

February 13th, 2019 =20

CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, THERE IS NONE, TO MANY FALSE ALARMS, I GET CHARGED F=
OR FALSE ALARMS STUCK IN A CONTRACT DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

 =20
User Score

0

Jake Barnett

January 2nd, 2019 Greeley, CO=20

Terrible customer service, the salesman came to my house and told me I am n=
ot signing any sort of contract and if after 6 months I want to cancel my s=
ervice then I am allowed to, do after about a year of service I decided to =
get rid of the security system and come to find out I signed a 5 year contr=
act and under any circumstances I am not allowed to cancel my contract

 =20
User Score

0

Barbara

December 20th, 2018 =20

I ordered a video doorbell through my alarm company, Brinks. The installati=
on was through a contractor working with Brinks. However, he contacted ALar=
m.com for service. Before installation I contacted the contractor with some=
 questions one of them was if the doorbell was 720 or 1080. I was told 1080=
. Great. After installation and checking the box I find it=E2=80=99s an obs=
olete 720. I=E2=80=99ve had the doorbell one week and no one will cancel th=
is out of date doorbell. I am very upset. I have been with Moni/Brinks for =
years. I will be looking for a new company.

 =20
User Score

3

Mike Lawell

November 30th, 2018 Panama City Beach, FL=20

Alarm.com controller functionality is very slow for automation, very limite=
d in feature flexibility, planning on buying a new Z-Wave controller to han=
dle the automation features for everything except alarm. Sad but true.

Example, have a scene created to turn off all indoor lights=E2=80=A6 it tak=
e close to 30 seconds and more to turn off the lights after button pushed.=
=20

I want a trigger for locking the door based upon exiting the geofence=E2=80=
=A6 not even possible.=20

Vera Lite is much more flexible and actually responsive to feature requests=
=E2=80=A6 Alarm.com is completely non-responsive.=20

For the cost I=E2=80=99m paying=E2=80=A6 it could be considered theft.

 =20
User Score

7

Cory Stevens

November 24th, 2018 =20

I have had alarm.com equipment for a few weeks now and overall enjoy but ha=
ven=E2=80=99t had to utilize it much on the security cameras front, however=
, I will say that the fact that you can=E2=80=99t clear up space on false m=
ovements that count towards your 1000 recordings a month is a terrible feat=
ure. My system was installed by 5pm one day, by 5am the next day I was told=
 my 1000 clip limit was up for the month? Now I don=E2=80=99t get notificat=
ions if something is actually going on for the rest of the month. Haven=E2=
=80=99t had to use the storage recorder yet to know how easy or difficult i=
t is to use.

 =20
User Score

0

Belenda MacFarland

October 22nd, 2018 =20

I have an outdoor camera. A spider got on the camera and it recorded all ni=
ght long. I got an e-mail that all of my recording time was used this month=
, even though I went to the website and deleted all the video recordings. I=
 was advised the camera will start recording next month or I can pay more m=
oney and purchase more recording time this month. Seems pretty pathetic to =
me. I would not recommend an outdoor camera from alarm.com to anyone=E2=80=
=A6run the other way.

User Score

5

Brenda Rousseau

May 9th, 2018 Ville Platte, LA=20

Had new Windows installed and needed some window security check, Kurt came =
by and was very nice and very knowledgable did a great job and everything i=
s working fine, thank you Kurt.

10

Alex Ward

October 27th, 2017 Lincoln, NE=20

This is the best technology on the market, hands down. I think that a lot o=
f the complaints I=E2=80=99m reading in the other reviews have a lot more t=
o do with the dealers that the customers are using. I love my system, am co=
nstantly impressed by how current they are with new product integrations, a=
nd feel that my own experiences with their support are top notch. A lot of =
that comes from my dealer, though, as I know that when I submit a support t=
icket, that ticket gets passed down to my dealer for them to either address=
 or escalate.

User Score

5

Marla Barton

April 2nd, 2017 =20

The cost per month is high for just basic camera compared to other companie=
s. For installation I paid a lot too. I wanted to get the video instead of =
the camera that just takes pictures but was told that is $250 and $5 MORE p=
er month. Ridiculous. I do have a good contact guy that answers when I call=
 and we needed some sensors replaced they came out and did that. Nice guy t=
hat installs.