Re: ADT Focus 6

> nmarkowitz wrote:
>

> On Oct 6, 10:39=A0pm, "Matthew Stanley"
> <mstan...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Man.. I dont know what it is about ADT panels and the Focus Line..
> But I =
> ran
> > into a customer with an ADT focus 6. I have replaced it with a DSC
> 1616
> > panel. I want to say it looks like an old Airtech or maybe a
> moose... Did
> > someone else make the system and ADT stamp their name on like they
> do tod=
> ay?
> >
> > MS
>
> Moose did supply ADT with a customised panel. Think it was a modified
> moose 600 it only transmitted to ADT CS and not other recievers pulled
> plenty of them out in 90\'s
>
> The actual big commercail addressable focus I think ADT actually made
> or had made for them.

I worked for Aritech in the early 1980's.  They made a six zone panel, for
restricted distribution.  But discovered that the CPU chip (they had custom
masked 250,000 of them) had a program failure that made it go into an endless
loop if more than one zone was tripped.  Panels were sent back to factory and
new chips put in for FOCUS 6 and ADT $100 home alarm panels.  Small world.