Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

"mleuck"  wrote in message
news:c8bca049-1141-4c92-b032-de9fa20ac085@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 4:52:34 PM UTC-6, samc...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have the same problem trying to get NX-8V2 program code back to default.
> I purchased a home which has a NX-8V2 security system installed.  The
> installer is no longer in business and the Program Code has been changed
> from the default.  I purchased an NX-588E and downloaded DL900 from
> Interlogix thinking I could re-load the firmware and get the codes back to
> default.  Using an old laptop running Windows XP with SP3 I was able to
> install and run the programs without error.  However when I try to connect
> to the alarm panel I get the error:  "Error Reading data from Module
> number 0.....83". I'm not at all familiar with alarm systems.  Can anyone
> give me any ideas?

Module 0 is the panel itself, My bet is you are trying to do this with an
incompatible modem, you can't connect to that panel with most if not all
internal laptop modems

**** This is probably true but *** You might want to instead do as ABLE1
says and swap out the board, much less hassle

I'm pretty sure NX-588E is the direct link module.  No modem required.  Also
the NX series of panels from Caddx (and I am pretty sure their newer
overlord) download remotely just fie with many more readily available and
slightly more modern modems.  I used a US Robotics Sportster to download
them remotely.

The biggest headache you get when you do a board swap is finding any and all
modules, keypads, and accessories that were on the system, but may not have
been at the main panel.  I liked the NX8E myself because I could put a self
contained and self powered expansion module in another building and wire
everything up almost like it was its own alarm panel, and then just run 4
wires (heavier gage) back to the main panel in the main building.  No matter
how much you ran off the expansion modules it only put a single keypad load
on the main panel because it had its own power supply.  Even for sirens.
Used to do much the same thing with the old FBII XL4 except that the
expansion modules for it still required panel power as did all the
accessories.