Re: universal IP communicator

On Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 10:51:04 AM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
> Greetings Group,
>=20
> We're looking for a universal IP communicator that doesn't require a=20
> subscription to another service.
>=20
> (ie.. AlarmNet)
>=20
> As a side note,=C2=A0 has anyone tried the "Ooma" (www.ooma.com)=C2=A0 Vo=
ip modem?
>=20
> If so can it handle a CID data stream?
>=20
> Tks,
>=20
> RTS
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

Re: Ooma
I have a customer that has the Ooma phone system in his home. Initially he =
had some problems and called me about how to wire line seizure. He didn't w=
ant me to do a service call because he's real cheap.  I didn't hear back fr=
om him so  1) he was able to fix it. 2) He thinks he fixed it and sometimes=
 the call gets through and sometimes it doesn't because of the inconsistenc=
y of VoIP. 3. H thinks he fixed it but didn't.=20

Signals are still getting through but he has radio backup =E2=80=A6=E2=80=
=A6. so =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 ?