Re: universal IP communicator

At one point Arizona Security Control had their own.  It would work with a
static internal IP or a dynamic IP.  Minimal programming.  Just wire it up
and plug it in to the LAN.

Sadly I think they quit making it and started telling everybody to use the
much more expensive DSC IP communicator.

I found it was a huge pain to use IP communicators.  To many other people
who could screw things up.  IT guys who think they are smarter than
everybody else, or worse.  IT guys who aren't that smart so instead of
working with other vendors they are hyper protective of their network to the
point of hurting their own customers or employer.  Obviously network
traffic, and internet traffic are an issue as is the ISP itself.  And then
there sis the office hack who thinks he's an IT pro.  I just went over to
cellular and stopped offering IP communication at all.  Cellular proved to
be more reliable long term for me, and I had more control over everything.
If I didn't get a customer who insisted on cheap over good it didn't bother
me.