Re: Starlink

--------------C3FB4250403E31B681F06035

On 5/2/2018 1:30 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 3:20:23 AM UTC-4, RockyTSquirrel, esq wrote:
>> Howdy Jim,
>> the areas where we have the most problems with IBridge are signal rich
>> (4-5 bars on standard cell phone)  it's just the tower clusters in that
>> area seem to be microwave linked..
>> our techie guy has had several lengthy talks with AT&T.  they generally
>> give the impression they "don't give a rats #$%^" if some odd app doesn't
>> work, so long as text and voice do..
>> Rural Ky. USA  is a long way from a Tech heaven..
>> a fair percentage of out alarm systems still use POTs lines.. even DSL..
>> What U-Verse AT&T installs  an outside contractor will most likely have to
>> come in to get it working..
>> The AT&T employees I've crossed paths with are kind of shell shocked..
>> A large percentage of their regulars were forced to retire due to
>> cutbacks, and the remaining ones are over loaded with tech issues they
>> just don't have a handle on...
>> I will say the Verizon guys do a much better job of fixing tech problems
>> the first time...
>>
>> RTS
>
> Hi Rocky
>
> I'm assuming that you get more money from a client if you can provide the IBridge service so rather than not sell it at all because of a failure to function via cellular service .......
>
> Again, have you tried to use the IBridge using a network connection rather than cellular?

Jim,  our sales guy says we charge a flat rate for monitoring and
customer service.

So I'd assume its the same rate with or without the IBridge  feature..

I only know of our techie guy using the network connection for access..

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

--------------C3FB4250403E31B681F06035

  <head>
  </head>
      cite="mid:85b53c9f-fc4e-4667-8b95-89f7aaf15dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">
the areas where we have the most problems with IBridge are signal rich
(4-5 bars on standard cell phone)  it's just the tower clusters in that
area seem to be microwave linked..
our techie guy has had several lengthy talks with AT&amp;T.  they generally
give the impression they "don't give a rats #$%^" if some odd app doesn't
work, so long as text and voice do..
Rural Ky. USA  is a long way from a Tech heaven..
a fair percentage of out alarm systems still use POTs lines.. even DSL..
What U-Verse AT&amp;T installs  an outside contractor will most likely have to
come in to get it working..
The AT&amp;T employees I've crossed paths with are kind of shell shocked..
A large percentage of their regulars were forced to retire due to
cutbacks, and the remaining ones are over loaded with tech issues they
just don't have a handle on...
I will say the Verizon guys do a much better job of fixing tech problems
the first time...

RTS
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">

Hi Rocky

I'm assuming that you get more money from a client if you can provide the IBridge service so rather than not sell it at all because of a failure to function via cellular service .......

Again, have you tried to use the IBridge using a network connection rather than cellular?
</pre>
        for monitoring and customer service.</font></p>
        without the IBridge  feature..</font></p>
        network connection for access..</font></p>
      <b>Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.</b>

--------------C3FB4250403E31B681F06035--