Re: Camera on Power-Line Adapters

On 1/21/2018 7:33 PM, E D wrote:
> Perhaps the "ham sandwich" with mustard/cheese on both sides picture might be better. So you have bread/ac, then cheese/EMI filters, then mustard/PL adapter, the ham/wireline, then mustard/PL adapter, then cheese/EMI filters, and then Bread/whatever you are powering. As long as everything stays in that order, you should be able to mitigate the EMI. I can't believe I just wrote that!

WOW!!! E D, I can't believe you wrote that as well. ROFLOL.
I do have a problem with your ingredients, mainly because I don't care
for mustard on my sandwiches.  So I will have to change that ingredient
to a spread of butter. I will make one of those in the kitchen later and
have a good meal.

Thank you for all the input on the use of ferrite beads or cores.
That is a great idea and maybe as you suggest a quicker fix than the
electrician set up or possible solution.

I have seen at times the ferrite cores with the wire looped through once
or twice.  Do you think that procedure improves the filtering to any
significant amount??  Or is just clamping on around hot and neutral more
than adequate??

I will see if I can source some locally and give it a shot. I will
report back the results.

Excellent input.  Very informative.

Thanks,

Les