Re: Remember the Good Old Days

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 7:38:23 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I still recall Robert Bass calling me up to brag endlessly and complain=
=20
> about Mike Sabodish only to have Mike call me a little later to carry on=
=20
> about Robert Bass.  Don't worry, machinists and tackle makers have the sa=
me=20
> kinds of guys and more of them.  I'm not missing out.  LOL.

In the beginning (late 90's) I had high hopes that this would ultimately tu=
rn into what Steve Ryckman(?) had envisioned. That is, until a long time la=
ter when I discovered that chaos is somewhat the norm in Usenet, With Bass,=
 ASA never stood a chance of allowing for any civility and although I purpo=
sely contributed to events, it was perpetrated in opposition to his bellige=
rence. It was just a case of me being more stubborn than he. But even witho=
ut me, chaos would have prevailed anyway. =20

Just goes to show how death can affect change. Sometimes for the better.