Re: Honeywell Compass

Hi Les,

Yes, that is what I am saying. It is actually the NX586E direct connect uni=
t. I just checked in my van to make sure. On my laptop, it is DL900 v3.01, =
Database 42.00, Data file 40.00, Direct connect panel table version 0, Copy=
right 1999.

I think that I acquired this about 2004-05. I was using it just to make it =
faster to program a panel, since you could set up about 3 panel configurati=
ons on the direct connect unit itself.

I 'happened' to be talking to a 'tech' whom I pleaded to help me get into a=
 panel, and he roundaboutly mentioned that once you are directly connected =
to a panel with the direct connect unit, you 'might' be able to disconnect =
the red/black/green wires from the already connected board, and then you 'm=
ight' be able to connect it to 'another' panel board laying around, and the=
n you just 'might' be able to then just read that 'other' panel...

...that would be how I have been doing it, maybe.

It's kind of like Harrison Ford, in his old movie about the Ark, where this=
 guy comes at him with swords, and he starts using his whip, but then think=
s, and then just shoots him with his pistol.

They made the 'thing' with all kinds of precautionary preventions, but forg=
ot to safeguard the integrity of the connection, so that the units can be s=
witched out. Lack of logic.

In the same way, if you read up on Mona T. Ronics, just switching the chip =
on any locked Honey Dew board gives you access to all programming... and al=
l info already on it. With this brand, it is way faster to do, no software =
to even run.

I say this, just in case you were curious...

Have a great day, and enjoy your future panel takeovers.