Re: Remember the Good Old Days

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 8:21:47 AM UTC-4, BobbyD wrote:
> On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 7:38:23 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > I still recall Robert Bass calling me up to brag endlessly and complain=
=20
> > about Mike Sabodish only to have Mike call me a little later to carry o=
n=20
> > about Robert Bass.  Don't worry, machinists and tackle makers have the =
same=20
> > kinds of guys and more of them.  I'm not missing out.  LOL.
>=20
> Nice to hear some chatter from the old gang.  Might stop in here more oft=
en again.

I would guess that Usenet in general is not as occupied as it used to be be=
cause of all the "Social Media" services that the younger generation have b=
ecome attached to. Back in the 90's Usenet was the most popular (I think).=
=20

I've been involved with some sort of communication since I was 17 years old=
 in the US Navy. Taking Morse Code at over 60 words per minute, sending at =
close to 100 WPM and typing teletype at 120 words per minute or faster. Now=
, though I don't use Facebook or Tweeting etc, I text a lot. But when I see=
 these texting races that they have it makes me think about the fact that b=
ack in the sixties I was sending and receiving messages via Morse Code at m=
ore than twice the speed that the fastest "texters" can send messages. But =
..... I guess it's "progress of some sort"=20