[no subject]

The devices used to be freely given to customers who were access challenged.. Now, they are charging customers close to $200 for the device. The customers went from being 'access challenged' to 'squeezed victims'. Usually, the cellular company is the only one in the area, and knows that they have a monopoly. Therefore, they can charge and know that most customers will end up paying.

Unlike a VoIP device that allows you to call anyone from any internet connection in the country, the booster device has to be tagged to your cellular service account. Therefore, trying to use a booster for an alarm cellular radio would not be unabled for that commercial unit. It is somewhat related to how your cellphone works. All cellular radios for consumers use access point names, which route your calls, text, and pictures in different ways thru the internet. I learned about 4 years ago to have different access point names/parameters in my cellphone. Depending on what area I may be in, I can quickly switch my access point name and get better service for my cellphone calls. It does take time to know what works where, thru trial and error. I have been with GSM phones for quite a while now, and this is what works best for me. Since I am using Sim Cards in my phones, I would not know if this would work on the CDMA systems.

Cell phone connections thru the towers can be routed any which way they want. It is all internet connections, whether thru wires or tower waves. In emergencies, they have the ability to route calls from one area to any other area. The towers throughout the USA are basically electrical connection 'wires' that can be made to connect to any other connection. Picture the old switchboard operators who used to pull one wire out and connect it to another jack to make a phone connection.

Earlier in the year, we did have a customer who had sporadic telco service way up on a mountain. The Lodge was for the residents of the area, and the homeowners association had an ATT commercial modem, basically creating an internet connection in a special cellular box with about 20' of cable length and antenna at the end. That unit put out an internet connection that was then hooked up to a router. The router put out wifi for the guests as well as wired ports. One port was then hooked up to an Ip card for the security system to communicate with.

It was a clean and ideal connection with little cost to the customer. In essence, it was a cellular radio allowing any internet connection to it.

We use both ATT and Verizon radios for alarm system connections depending on which service is better or preferable.

Perhaps others have more relevant information to come.

Have a great day.
</pre>

--------------452D47D2139E1290D76738FA--