Re: Masterguard smoke and heat detectors

On Wednesday, April 3, 2002 at 2:19:11 AM UTC-5, Steve wrote:
> I recently attended an educational dinner on fire safety.  A
> representative of Masterguard hosted it.  Videos on fire safety were
> shown.  Lots of statistics were presented.  All of it is to prepare
> you to have to have the presenter visit your home for a free home
> survey.  The survey included a quote for a "Full Protection" system,
> which for my home listed at $3720!!!  The system included 4 mechanical
> heat detectors, 8 photoelectric smoke detectors, one CO detector and 2
> 2.5# extinguishers.
>=20
> Though their equipment was represented to be the best available, no
> objective data was given to supports the claims.  Does anyone out
> there know of any such data?  Data that compares Masterguard
> photoelectric detectors to the much less expensive ones available in
> many home centers.  First Alert's Double Sensor, which has both
> photoelectric and ionization detectors, for example.  Any others that
> should be considered?
>=20
> Another thing that bothers me about their system is that it is not
> connected.  Each detector is standalone.  It seems to me that a
> connected system would be preferable, as it would alert you no matter
> where a fire may start and give you the best chance of getting out
> early.  The representative said that he would rather know where the
> fire is.  Am I missing something in my thinking?
>=20
> Any help would be appreciated.
>=20
> Thanks,
> Steve

STEVE YOU DON'T KNOW ME AND I AM CRITIZING  YOUR OPINION BECAUSE I HAVE MAS=
TERGUARD AND IT HAS SAVED ME AND MY FAMILYS LIVES AND WE HAD THE IONIZED KI=
ND THEY DID'T WORK BECAUSE THEY WERE DIRTY HAD TO MUCH DIRT BUILDUP THE MAS=
TERGUARD INDEPENDENT ALARMS CAN BE WASHED IN A DISHWASHER JUST REMOVE THE B=
ATTERY AND WASH ONE BY ONE AND THEY ARE GUARANTEED FOR LIFE THE SALES AT MA=
STERGUARD WILL RELOCATE AND REINSTALL YOU CAN LEAVE THIS UNIT TO YOUR KIDS =
OR GRAND KIDS GUARANTEED FOR WHOS LIFE THEY ARE PROTECTING BY BAD MOUTHING =
OTHER PRODUCTS THAT YOU ONLY KNOW AS HEAR SAY PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER HAD A =
FIRE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PANICKING IN A TRAUMATIC SITUATION PLEASE LET OTHER=
S MAKE UP THEIR OWN MINDS ABOUT PROTECTION MONEY SHOULD NEVER A ISSUE WHEN =
IT COMES TO YOUR LOVED ONES HOW MUCH IS YOUR OR YOUR FAMILYS LIVES WORTH?PS=
 WHEN YOU HAVE A FIRE THE FLAMES AND HEAT GOE UPWARDS WERES THE WIRES THAT =
CONNECT YOUR SYSTEM RUN UP UP UP IN THE ARTTIC WERE THEY BURN FIRST THE MAS=
TERGUARD SYSTEM IS A REDONE DENT TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A ALARM CHECK OUT TEX=
AS A/M COLLEGE DID THE TEST BUT i GUESS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT AS WELL =
SEEMS YOU DON'T KNOW ALOT FACTS ABOUT MASTERGUARD