Re: Communication issues with Kantech Entrapass Corp Edition

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 10:38:04 PM UTC-5, Cmarti5 wrote:
> Multiple issues with system randomly not responding to cards. =20
> Messages about communication issues and controller battery power failures=
. =20
> System seems to reset when I restart computer but eventually, we're right=
 back
> to the issues. =20
> Any idea what I need to do to fix this?  Not a techi here so no clue what=
's
> wrong or what to do. =20
> Other messages - "Door lock device failure" , "Loop communication failure=
". =20
> We had a technician out here last week who basically just shut down the s=
ystem
> and reset it, but the problem is back again. =20
> We're in an industry where we cannot afford for anyone to not have access=
> the building.
>=20
> --=20
> posted via
> http://forums.cabling-design.com/security-physical/communication-issues-w=
ith-kantech-entrapass-corp-edition-64555-.htm=20
> using  Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
> alt.security.alarms and other  telecom  groups

Hello,

I would need more information from you as to what kind of controllers you a=
re using to diagnose.

If you are using KT400's then it is always the locks shorting out the contr=
ollers, the KT400's use wet lock supply directly off the controller, if the=
re is a potential to ground anywhere in the line it will bring down your 48=
5 communications loop which shares a common ground.

If your using KT300's then the same problem exists.

KT200's i believe are form C relays for locks and dont suffer from this, th=
us why most people say they are rock solid, in all reality the 400's instal=
led correctly will outlast any 200.

I digress, Make sure your panels have good batteries... as this would cause=
 loop failures. If you are using a KTNCC make sure that it is sufficiently =
powered using the proper rated transformer 16/40AC, and the Battery is good=
 otherwise remove any faulty batteries.

The fact that you see lock failure, or supervision tells me it has to do wi=
th locks right off the bat. replacing faulty locks will usually fix the iss=
ue.

HES1006 locks usually fail first due to the wiring inside the keeper warmin=
g up when doors on schedule or just the tension and rubbing.

You should have a trained professional look into your issues as this cannot=
 be fixed by an enduser no matter how tech savvy.