Re: Interlogic/Caddx NX8E Partioning

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 1:49:37 PM UTC-4, fred...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Never knew about this group.  Interesting topic;
>=20
> For about 30 years we provided all of the security for a major Canadian u=
niversity.  In that time we've done everything imaginable, but one thing th=
at became an important part of what we did was to try and outthink the stud=
ents.  That means that keypads were a no-no, since there is no control over=
 who has the codes.
>=20
> To that end we've provided everything from access cards to my personal fa=
vourite, the Corby key.  Where we had a string of small labs to protect we'=
d provide one Corby decoder for each lab wired to one zone on the NX8 progr=
ammed as a keyswitch arming zone - each partition would be a single lab, al=
lowing us to have 8 partitions serving 8 labs and where there were more tha=
n 8, a second panel.
>=20
> There'd be a single NX148e keypad for each panel, set up as a master.  Th=
e Keypad would be locked in a maintenance closet.  The guards could go by a=
nd arm or disarm any or all of the partitions.
>=20
> Each Corby decoder would be set up with the token for that particular lab=
, a couple of tokens for the guards and a couple for the departments - each=
 decoder can handle 16 tokens.
>=20
> The readers would be equipped with the 2 LED plate and an output module w=
ould drive the LEDs indicating armed and ready status.
>=20
> In the programming we also set up a timed arming to set the alarm for any=
 partitions not already armed.
>=20
> You could so something similar if you were so inclined - but instead of u=
sing the Corby decoders you could wire up 8 N.O. momentary pushbuttons, eac=
h to one one with the common return passed through a keyswitch, Corby decod=
er or even a times relay output driven by a keypad code - activate the rela=
y, then press the buttons associated with whichever partitions you wanted t=
o toggle - you can install status leds, the same as we did for the Universi=
ty.
>=20
> Just another option that requires no learning curve for the user to opera=
te - touch the Corby key to the reader, then while the buttons are active, =
press whichever ones you need in order to achieve the result you want.
>=20
> Of course you can also program the panel to autoarm the zones at 10PM (or=
 whenever) in case someone goes home having forgotten to set the system - a=
nd you can have it pre-alert anybody who may be there in case they need to =
abort the arming process.