Re: Do "Pet Immunity" Motion Detectors Really Work?

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:31:05 AM UTC-4, skoda...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> first off all sorry for my english.
> i am thinking to put allarm system in my house.the way i am thinking is m=
agnetic sensors on door windows and 2 simple motion detectors in the house.
> i dont have pets in the house.now as for my front yard there is a lot of =
cats.
> i was thinking for pet imunity sensor to protect my yard before the thif =
came close and brake a window or picklock my door.now i asked alot of compa=
nies that put alarm systems and 90% of them tell me that even expensive pet=
 sensors about 200 euros and 300 euros will give false alarms.they say that=
 when a cat enter the protected area just wallking the sensor will not acti=
vate but when the cat run or jumping or fights with other cats the sensor i=
ncreases the mass of the cats above the maximun kilograms and activates fal=
se alarm.so what to do? i need some way to proteck my front yard before the=
 thif has the ability to make a damage to my exterior house.

What the alarm companies are NOT telling you is that any kind of outdoor se=
nsors are going to be activated by every kind of motion you can think of. B=
lowing leaves, insects crawling on the face of the sensor, birds, branches =
moving in the wind ... and so on.=20

So,............ although there are sensors that are available for outside u=
se they are for large commercial installations, are very expensive and usua=
lly require a local guard response because of false alarms. The type of dev=
ices that are used for home installations are not designed to do what you w=
ant to do.

Don't use outdoor sensors.