Re: Still Got One Job to Finish

Come-On Jim,

Given all the crap distrbutors have sold over the years I'll scope the wire
when it comes in and take my chances.   I haven't been doing this for a few
weeks you know.

"Jim Davis" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 1:08:21 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim Davis" <> wrote in message
> Just because it's from Amazon doesn't mean that it's quality cable. (I
> tried
> to find the article but couldn't) I read a report on cheap Asian coax that
> even went so far as to be fraudulently stamped "UL" which created a whole
> lot of problems for someone. Skimpy braid and cheap di-electric insulation
> required the whole job to be done over less than a year later because of
> poor transmission results. Usually wire is the relatively least expensive
> part on a job.
>
> ****
>
> Just because its from your regular distributor who sources it off shore
> doesn't mean its quality cable.

Come-on Bob,

Amazon doesn't give a shit if you ever buy from them again. My distributor
had better give me as good as I can get or they know the consequences. It
certainly wouldn't pay for them to knowingly provide sub standard anything
and if it did occur they have no choice but to change sources or lose more
business from their dealers. It's not that they can't be duped into a bad
source but once finding out they have no choice but to remedy it.

If you buy bad wire from a distributor and you go back and show them and
others do the same ..... they're going to change their source. Doesn't help
you now but if you see that they don't change in the future it was either a
mistake on your end because nobody else complained or they will soon not be
selling any more of that product and will sell something else.

Same thing will happen with Amazon but much slower because they'll keep
selling it to new people all the time and just won't know (or care if) they
have a problem. But eventually after they have accumulated enough bad
reviews of the product will stop selling it. But you're gonna have a hard
time getting re-reimbursed from them for a roll of wire that you already
have installed.