Re: Napco Quickloader

On 6/6/2016 12:09 AM, spyros wrote:
> Τη Î?εÏ?Ï?έÏ?α, 6 Î?οÏ?νίοÏ? 2016 - 2:40:02 Ï?.μ. UTC+3, ο Ï?Ï?ήÏ?Ï?ηÏ? ABLE1 έγÏ?αÏ?ε:
>> Hi Spyros,
>>
>> On my Quickloader for Windows it is under File/Modem Settings.
>>
>> The same applies to PC Preset.  I am not sure what this program is for
>> or does.
>> Maybe someone else can help in that respect.
>>
>> In Napco Quickloader v3.34b it is under Setup/Modem
>> This is a the DOS version so you can't use a mouse.
>> For Setup you need to press S  the M for Modem.
>> Then use the +  or  - keys to scroll through the various modems.
>>
>> I only have one customer with a Napco and I use the DOS version.
>> It is really a clunker but it does work.
>>
>> If you are using some other version of Quickloader I would guess the
>> Modem Setup
>> is similar.  Other than the above I am a bit clueless on any other help.
>>
>> I am sure that there is someone else that can add to the mix.
>> They only need to type it in and press send.
>>
>> Good luck and have a nice day.
>>
>> Les
>>

>> On 6/5/2016 1:59 PM, spyros wrote:
>>> Anyone knows how to modify modem string settings at Napco Quickloader? I' m trying to setup a us robotics 33.6 sportster fax modem using the settings for this specific modem from Napco's Quickloader library but doesn't work correct. After the first call I get no carrier error message do I want to try modify the modem strings but I cannot locate where at Quickloader.... Thanks!
>>>

> Hi Les!
>
> thank you for your reply.
> I am using windows version of quickloader together with ademco cia modem with success. Works great. Now i am trying to set up windows quickloader in another location, in another office, in order to make takeovers, using us robotics 33.6 sportster faxmodem which is list it at napco's library but dont wotk with the preset string settings. Under modem settings it gives me the ability to change modem but i cant find a place to modify the strings...
> Anyway :) thanks again and have a good week!
>
> Spyros

Spyros,

On my version of Quickloader the Sportster is listed as one of the
choices.  Maybe you are missing a file in your setup.  Also concerning
modifying strings.  On the screen you have choices of certain aspects of
how the modem will respond.  I am thinking that this is the best that
Napco could do for adjusting the initializing the setup strings.  Life
was different "in the day".

I will be sending you a email with some more information that may or may
not be helpful.

Let me know if it made your day or not.

Les