Re: Napco Gemini P3200 Panel trouble

On 06/09/2016 08:07 AM, sziggy86@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have an older P3200 panel (Installed about 15 years ago) that has fuses, they are 1.5AMP 125 Volt 15MM, I am not able to find replacement fuses for this panel anymore. I have looked on the internet but have had no luck. I live in NY and seems like the new P3200 panels don't have fuses anymore.
>
> If I was to buy a new P3200 panel , are all the connections the same, meaning are they located on the same position as my older panel? I was thinking of trying to do this myself but I am sure there is programming required.
>
> My first choice is to just get fuses. Anyone know where these can be had? Also, can't find any installers in my area to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Steven

If you only need a 1.5A fuse, get a standard size glass fuse and solder
it in.  You might need to scrape some of the nickel off to allow the
solder to flow well.  You might want to read the fuse with an ohmmeter
after soldering in case the link got too warm.  If this fuse blows
occasionally, you might want to solder on a fuse holder.  I believe in
US the mfg is not required to provide spare parts after 15 years of the
data of mfg, so this is almost a must if you want to keep the same
equipment in service.

John Sowden
American Sentry Systems, Inc.