Re: Then and Now

On 1/26/2016 12:39 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> In 1995 I bought a PentaScanner+ and Super Injector for a little over $5000.
>
> The day before yesterday I used it on a job to test some cable drops.  (Mine
> is getting old, the display is faint, and the case on the PentaScanner is
> cracked)
>
> Yesterday I bought two sets off Ebay for $120 each.

Hi Bob,

Yea, I have had those days.

Why not get the replace the display on the
old one and sell it on eBay for $120 bucks??

Then again the repair may cost more than $120 bucks.
And you scored two for that number. Kudos!!

Quite a number of years ago I was doing network cabling in a School
District. I explained to the Maintenance Manager that I could only test
the pairs for proper continuity but could not test, verify and certify
the quality of the install. Couldn't afford the right tool. He said what
do you need?? I said well there is this tool made by DSP-100 Fluke Cable
Tester. It cost a little over $5000. He said, order it we will buy one.

I did and it worked great. I asked a couple of years ago of the new
Maintenance Manager if I could borrow the meter for a job I was doing
elsewhere. They could not find it.

Just checked eBay and there is one there with 28% Off, priced now at $122.39

Boggles the mind!!!

Later,

Les