Re: NX unlocker

news:60c9981e-b1d2-47be-bc9e-9c5aeb2eeb37@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:17:01 AM UTC-5, E DAWSON wrote:
> "Jim" wrote in message
> > On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 4:16:17 PM UTC-5, spyros wrote:
> >> I dont need it Les, i'm just curious!
> >
> > I just sent them an E-mail asking how they will respond when someone
> > uses
> > their product to burglarize, a home or business, set fire or cause
> > bodily
> > harm to someone.
> >
> > I don't expect an answer.
>
> No, unless you can find a way to use a laptop with download software and a
> direct connect NX-586 magically, it will not happen.
>
> The direct connect means just that, it must be directly connected to the
> existing board.
> Unless you are an extremely smart but dense burglar, you would not break
> into someone's house or business just so that you could connect a laptop
> with a direct connect so that you can get into their programming.

Well obviously someone is not going to break into a premise and try to
attach a computer to an alarm panel but, what about the employee who has
access to his companies alarm panel and can change or view programming so
that a burglary can occur at a later time. Or if you are some kind of
residential or business service provider who has access to an alarm panel
during times the owner isn't around .......  And ..... as previously
mentioned, once gaining access to another alarm companies equipment, now
their pass codes for other installations are readily available for take
overs or for creating programming errors in alarm panels of competitors to
make them libel for malfunctions. How many people do you know who .... if
they had access and the means and opportunity of changing programming of a
competitor .... would do it? I know a few.

Or how about this  ...... anyone having access to a panel for just a few
minutes and just by beginning an upload from a panel and disconnecting
before it's completed could totally screw up a panel so that it couldn't
even be defaulted and would require the panel to be replaced by a
competitor. And no one would know why the panel failed.

How many times has the oil burner repair man or plumber or any contractor
had unsupervised access to your home or business?

I'd love to see a company like this be sued right out of existence and
prison terms meted out because someone was injured or murdered because their
product was used.

It's alright to develop products and make money but there are responsibility
and ethic bounds that should never be crossed that are motivated solely by
greed. You can't tell me that who ever developed this product has any sense
of what is right or wrong and even cares about what consequences a device
like this can cause.

Anyone can cause harm to anyone, and if you have knowledge about getting
into an alarm panel and the ins and outs of locked Networx software, you do
not even need this "unlocker" software. The software appears only to reset
the installer portion to default. It is not nuclear scientist stuff. If the
company selling this, properly vets the buyer as being licensed, it is no
different than someone acquiring the regular downloading software. Perhaps
you are concerned for your own panels. Someone with the proper skills can
connect to any panel of any brand surreptitiously. Most panels need to be
disarmed. I can get into most major brands even when locked out. Does that
mean that I will break into them to steal? No. I get into them only at a
takeover, after the customer has signed a lot of forms and paid up front. To
protect yourself, you can apply seals to the panel box that will tell you if
someone has opened the box.

I really doubt if anyone will go thru the trouble of learning software and
all about alarm panels, buy the installer code reset software, and then put
it all together, unless he is a professional thief. I really do not think
that the oil burner repair man, the plumber, or any other contractor will
take the time to learn the complexity of alarm systems.

Maybe you should think about not using only 1 universal installer code for
all your installations/takeovers...Remember, the panels are locked out only
during your monitoring time...they should be unlocked for the next guy. If
I'm the next guy, it will not bother me much, just an extra 10-15 minutes.

Anyone can get into anything with the right knowledge, remotely...and
wirelessly.