Re: New Honeywell Ademco 6160rf keypad - Slower and No beep when pressing keys

After playing with this some more, I finally realized that the solution to =
my problem (was the first key actually seen?) is to simply keep pressing th=
e first key of my code until I hear the beep feedback, then continue on wit=
h the rest of the digits.  This gets around the fact that the new 6160rf pa=
nel may or may not beep when you enter the first key.  Since it silences th=
e on/off beep on the second key press (for 15 seconds), if you just keep pr=
essing the first key until you get feedback, then you'll know if the key wa=
s seen.

Simple fix, but still does not fix the problem that the new keypad is just =
plain slower than the old ones.