Re: Where is "Tech-Man"?

"doug" <vssdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:npuuq5$a8l$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "BobbyD" <bob.dolph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Just went to look at the latest with Tech-Man.com and it said suspended
>> site.  What is the latest Jim?
>>
>> Bobby D
>
> Last I heard he was involved in a re-shipping business, I think people
> from
> outside the US would buy stuff on from sellers on ebay who won't ship
> overseas and have it shipped to Jim. He would then re-ship it to the
> overseas destination.
>
> I believe a lot of fraud can occur with the re-shipper stuck in the
> middle.
>
> http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?267046-*Fraud-Alert*-Attention-All-DEALERS-*Fraud-Alert*
>
> http://niketalk.com/t/506409/scam-alert-do-not-ship-to-this-address
>
> Doug

Ebay will act as a re-shipper.  I've sold stuff internationally thru Ebay
before.

I also sell custom manufactured work internationally direct.  Sometimes a
customer will use a transfer company.  Sometimes I ship direct.  Really have
not had any problems. Most of the time when a customer is using a transfer
company its to consolidate multiple orders from different sources.  For
countries that charge a flat VAT on all purchases it saves on freight.  For
countries with a threshold to trigger custom duties it can be a wash or even
sometimes more expensive to consolidate orders.

Selling internationally can be a tricky, but if you do a little research and
do things the right way you can stay out of trouble and make some money too.
I've got good customers right here in the USA, but some of my top customers
are also in Australia and Europe.