Re: Fire Wire Solid vs. Stranded

Bob,

I can see that THHN would be acceptable in conduit.  Back in the day
most older
schools had 120vac bells.  I pulled one a couple of years ago that
was that way.  There were just pull stations and they were a hot loop on
120vac.
It was so old it had whiskers and a cane.

It has always been my belief that you had to use solid since if using
stranded
you would have perfect supervision on just one strand if others were broken.
But, then when it went into alarm that one strand could not handle the load
and the system would fail.  With solid that would not happen.

Les