High Flex Cables

Back when I worked for Kurt over at KC Sound we used to get high flex cables
all the time.  Usually for sound snakes.

I need to find a source for a decent quantity (500' rolls would be ok) 4 and
2 conductor conductor shielded high flex.  16 ga would be ok for some and 18
ok for others.  I could use 16ga for everything, but its hard to fit in the
connectors on some controllers, and I prefer to save my fights where I can.
I've been doing the CNC machining thing for a while, and now I am building
some of my own machines from the ground up.  In addition to using drag
chains to limit flex and the type of flex,  I would like to use high flex
cable for servo motors that move with the machine, and for the 3 phase VFD
driven spindles that moves on certain types of machines.  Since they will
often HAVE TO be bundled with encoder and other signal cables shielding is a
big deal.  (star grounded of course)  The encoder and signal cables will all
be shielded and grounded, but I like to cover my bases.  I prefer to spend
my time testing the machine concepts rather than chasing 100% preventable
signal noise problems.

Amazingly the inexpensive orange extension cords you can buy at the hardware
store are pretty high flex, and in testing hold up modestly well.
Unfortunately they are not 4 conductor (UVW G) or shielded.

Yes, I know regular stranded shielded will last for a long time, but I am
aspiring for 30 year life with only failed components needing replacement
over time.  One of the big mills in my shop was made in 1982.  I retrofit it
with all new controls, but all of the servo power wire is the original stuff
(as are the servo motors themselves).  I ran new encoder wire, but only
because I ran new encoders.

Bob La Londe
The Security Consultant
Licenses ROC103044 & ROC103047