Re: tech-man.com ???

"G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7ge2galen6g69f3b8hiitd9ivu62g6gek7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tourman Wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 3:58:38 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote:
>> spyros Wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone knows what happens with tech-man.com? i can't find a link to
>> >renew my account. also nobodys answers my mail....
>>

>> Its still there: http://tech-man.com/newAccount.asp?redir=
>>
>> Last time I spoke with Jim he said he was pursuing other interests other
>> than
>> alarms, that was a couple of years ago.
>
>Yes, that is my understanding too. I can also understand why he doesn`t
>bother to unlock boards anymore; it simply is too labour intensive to make
>it worthwhile. I gave it up a year or so ago, and also no longer do it for
>other than local companies or our own company, to assist. With boards so
>cheap now, it simply doesnt make sense to spend half the price of a new
>board to unlock an old one.

I would only pay for a competitor's unlock code, which I understand you nor
Jim provide.

I see the ethical and possible legal implications and know why that's not a
service either of you offer.

Hi,

You do not need any unlock code for Networx, nor Honeywell.
Networx are very easily defeated, but you will need a computer.
Honeywell are the easiest, no computer needed. Only about 3 minutes worth of
work.
Concord takes about 5 minutes. No computer needed,
Just about got Monitronics done, just waiting on some slow time.
Haven't had time to break DSC yet, but with the list above that I learned by
myself, it probably won't take long.

About computer versus keypad programming, I started with keypad and learned
from the programming books. They do provice an insight on how the geeks who
came up with this stuff think. This helps you to understand how to get
around programming issues or how limited capabilities of certain panels may
be overcome. It takes me less time to program from the keypad than the time
it takes to get the computer up and sofware running.
Once you get into the engineers heads, you start figuring out how you can
overcome their defenses, such as lockout codes, etc.

The computer programming does not give me any insight into the engineers
minds, because it has been rearranged so that it can be presented in an
efficient way to program a panel. When the engineers put it down into a
programming manual, it preserves the hierachy and step-by-step logic. Of
course, that is just my opinion, but it has allowed me to crack the list of
companies mentioned above.

PS. If someone in this forum, has found a quick way to get into DSC, I may
be interested/enticed to trade some info back. Though I don't know how such
an exchange may be worked out without being scammed by an unknown party.