Re: Glass break sensors: FG1608 vs Shatterpoint 5620?

On 06/16/2015 04:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> <maxwell3e8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I am looking to install glass break sensors on large windows. I am
>> worried about false alarms, as its close to the kitchen.  FG1608 seems
>> mostly an acoustic detector but also detects low frequencies.
>> Shatterpoint has a shock sensor, has to be mounted directly on the frame.
>>
>> Does anyone has experience with these sensors? Which one would be more
>> robust to false alarms?
>>
>> Also, if I go with a general acoustic sensor, is the Honeywell FG1600
>> series better than Shatterpro?
>>

> I still use Caddx 2000/21000.  Few issues.

prior to ademco buying c&k, we used the fg730, have about 30 in the
field, no false alarms.  these are the predecessor to the 1608.  they
operate as follows: (acoustic only):
high freq circuit off.  low frequency circuit on, looking for "sound"
(vibrations) below 100 hz.  Upon "hearing" "sound" below 100 hz, the
high frequency circuit is turned on, and if a high frequency sound is
heard within less than 3 seconds, an alarm is generated.

The low frequency sound is the window being struck.  The high frequency
sound is the breaking of the glass.

pssst:  breaking glass makes a sound like tssst.  the tinkle sound is
when pieces of glass hit the pieces.

the fg730 was so successful that they put off taking it off the market
after they came out with the microprocessor model until sales subsided.

John
American Sentry