Re: new ul central station regulations

On 06/24/2015 06:11 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 6/24/2015 5:57 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:
>> does anyone know of a forum about ul requirements.  they recently made
>> changes that we must comply with, and some are unclear, etc,
>>
>> John
>> american sentry
>
> Please elaborate!!  Inquiring minds need to know.

The majority of the changes relate to automation.  Things like backing
up power to routers, etc.  Other things relate to dispatching procedures
for accounts that they do not specify if they are certificated accts, or
not.  This gets strange.

The big deal is the MEW factor.  This is a number calculated based on
the number of different classes of accounts.  The MEW factor determines
what kind of off site backup operation you need, how many backup
computers, etc.

I got a letter today from UL discussing details of 2 other letters sent
this month, one dated 6/9/15 and one dated 6/15/15. They discussed what
needed by be done by when.  Today's was more detailed.

that should get the ball rolling,

John