Re: Glass break sensors: FG1608 vs Shatterpoint 5620?

On 6/17/2015 2:28 AM, John Sowden wrote:

> another item.  as much as the caddx looked good (3 frequency ranges),
> and the fact that I use their controls, I have always been uncomfortable
> with the requirement that, in order to test, you must put the sensor in
> the "test mode".
>
> Whatever happened to explaining to the customer that to test his glass
> break sensor, he just smashes his storefront window with a hammer while
> watching the little red light on the glass break detector?

Which is the precise reason that I avoid Glassbreak Detectors all
together.  Generally I explain it to the customer like this.

I can install glassbreak detectors.  However, testing becomes the trick.
  I can test it with the "glassbreak simulator" the mfg. provides or I
can throw a brick through your window and see if it works.  I do not pay
for repairs.  What is your pleasure??

The response has been 99.8% against glassbreak detectors.  The .2% that
have gone with the glassbreaks were convinced by someone else that it is
the way to go or they had some really bad experience with motion
detectors that were improperly installed.

In my early days, I have had experience with Love Birds in a pet store
tripping off the glassbreaks as well as 2 cat's having fun and tipped
over a stack of brass coasters on an end table that spilled on to a
leather couch causing the false alarm.

I rest my case.

Les