Re: What Brand / Model DVRs ??

On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 1:03:12 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>=20
> Some of the HIK Vision stuff looks promising.  I may buy a couple IP came=
ras=20
> and one of their NVRs to play with in the shop to see how  I like them.=
=20
> Price seems to good though on some of it.  Always makes me nervous.

I'm gearing up to do a job in about a month with Hikvision products.

DS-7608NI-E2/8P   2TB

and

DS-2CD2332-I (either 2,4,6 or 12 MM)

ADI is having a sale this month on the cameras. I haven't checked on pricin=
g of the NVR yet.=20

Junction boxes for the cameras are DS-1280ZJ-DM20

The cameras look like all they need is a smile to make them look like a "Ha=
ppy Face" but I've seem them side by side with some others and they look pr=
etty good. Reviews are generally pretty good with some complaints about set=
 up ....but what else is new?

It's my first job with IP Cameras. Recently I've been using HD over coax up=
 till now. So we'll see how it goes. I've got enough room in the price to c=
over the learning curve and I'll set up one camera and the NVR before I go =
to the job. I just want to see if there's enough improvement in the picture=
 compared to HD over coax to make it worth the additional cost and compare =
the set up time.=20

(Just what I need. Another opportunity to stuff my brain with MORE
 F.... g information.)