Re: AZROC - Not My Favorite Agency

On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 6:05:04 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Well, as you recall I posted about all the complicated license changes he=
re=20
> in Arizona a while back.  Well, my licenses renew the end of the month an=
d=20
> its time to deal with that headache.  I have a commercial and a residenti=
al=20
> license.  Well technically I have two combination residential AND commerc=
ial=20
> licenses now for the exact same thing.  First I have to send in a separat=
e=20
> form to cancel one of my licenses.  I can't just send in both forms with=
=20
> cancel scrawled across one.  If I did that they would cancel my license i=
n=20
> bad standing, and then cancel my other license because I have a canceled=
=20
> license.  I'm not kidding.  I was told that almost verbatim.
>=20
> You would think that would save me some money though.  On paper it looks=
=20
> like it would, but it doesn't really.  They increased the bond amount for=
=20
> residential, and because it's a combination license they combine the bond=
=20
> amounts for both commercial and residential.  It makes for a HUGE increas=
e=20
> in bond amounts.  As a result my fee for bond insurance costs more now fo=
r=20
> one year for one license than it did for both license bonds previously fo=
r=20
> three years.
>=20
> Of course I still have to pay the mandated by law bribe to the AZROC's be=
er=20
> and bowling fund... er I mean contribution to the contractor recovery fun=
d.=20
> In over 20 years I have never had a license complaint, and only two BBB=
=20
> complaints (both from people who in their own words (I read their=20
> complaints) just didn't want to pay what they owed), and still have to pa=
y=20
> that F_____G bribe every time I renew my licenses.  That's just not right=
.
>=20
> Sorry guys.  I just had to vent for a minute.
>=20
> You know my tax license that I never had to renew?  That one shining beac=
on=20
> in the darkness.  Starting this year I have to pay a fee to renew it ever=
y=20
> year.  It's the freaking license that allows me to collect sales taxes so=
 I=20
> can pay them to the state or they will throw my ass in jail.  I have to p=
ay=20
> for the priviledge of paying them.
>=20
> Arizona is starting to feel more and more like Kalfornicastan.
>=20
> --=20
> --
> Bob La Londe
> The Security Consultant

Jeeeze  I don't know if I could deal with that.=20

I've said it here before but that's the reason I don't do commercial fire a=
nymore. It's not worth the aggravation in dealing with assholes and all the=
 wasted time devoted to paperwork and jumping through frivolous imaginary h=
oops.=20

Faced with people who are intentionally obnoxious disagreeable and play ign=
orant I tend to not be a nice person. I'm afraid that I'd tell them all to =
F..k off and then the logo on my company letter head would be a head shot o=
f me holding a number under my chin.