Re: So, what are you doing today.

"G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3pp2qa10l1u6t6malbn2knfggpl8g496r4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bob La Londe Wrote:
>
>>Honesty in Airguns
>>www.allairgunners.com
>

> Damn, some of those airguns cost more than the real firearms they look
> like.
>
> FX Gladiator Mk2  ----->  $1695.00
> https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FXGladiatorMk2.html
>
> I could get a tricked out AR-15 for 1700 bucks, or a basic AR-10 without
> the accessories.  I've been keeping an eye out for the right .308 that
> is calling my name!  You know that feeling you get when the rifle is
> "just right" for you?  :-)

Yep.  I've got a few powder burners, but I could not shoot them in my
backyard without freaking out my neighbors.  I can take out a pest gopher at
60-70 yards with one of my Marauders (my .25 will shoot through him length
wise) or some collared dove could make the mistake of setting down in the
tree next to my garden to become bacon wrapped jalapeno dove poppers, and my
neighbors won't even know I fired a shot (I'm not in the city).  PCPs are a
little loud, but airgun suppressors are not federally regulated so mine are
dead quiet.  One of my future projects is a to build suppressed pneumatic
shotgun with enough energy for short range duck hunting, or atleast dove and
quail.  We shall see.  My goal is to keep it subsonic, but use large enough
shot to have good terminal energy.  Maybe 1/2oz of steel BB shot.  I've got
air reservoirs and the suppressor figured out.  Now it's a matter of
designing an efficient valve and hammer to do the job without dumping all
the air on the first shot.  Well, that's on the back burner for a while.  To
many other projects to do first.

Over the Christmas holiday we sat out back of the shop and target practiced
for thousands of rounds with the PCPs.  Not a single peep out of any of the
neighbors.  When we go to the range to shoot the powder guns I take the PCPs
just so I can stretch their legs some.  Oddly enough I've got all the parts
to build a nice varmint barrel AR on the work bench and I am more likely to
play with one of my airgun designs than finish machining the parts to
assemble the AR.  Maybe if we get a cold winter and its worth actually doing
some varmint shooting this year.  Although the idea of super tuning a nice
.357 PCP for short range varmint shooting sounds like fun too.

Yeah I know about just right.  A friend of mine sold me a .22 bolt store
brand gun when he needed some cash.  Its made by Mossberg, but doesn't say
Mossberg on it anywhere.  It's a very consistent gun out to 135 yards with
high velocity rounds.  (The distance to the mountain behind the small bore
range)  I have outshot many an AR shooter off the bench with it.  That's the
one I gave to somebody important to me for Christmas.  I've got a couple
others that are decent.  You lock them in a rest and they shoot ok, but they
aren't natural hitters. I am sure you know what I mean.