Re: Looking for Vehicle Advice

On 1/18/2015 8:48 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 1/18/2015 7:02 AM, JoeRaisin wrote:
>> My work van does something odd.
>>
>> 80% of the time, the van rolls straight and smooth but every now and
>> then it feels like the front tires are wobbling.  This is to varying
>> degrees - sometimes it feels like a little shimmy and sometimes it feels
>> like they are about to fall off.  This happens randomly on all manner of
>> road conditions but seems to be limited to higher speeds (40+) and more
>> often than not during acceleration.
>>
>> The shop did an alignment and the tires have been balanced.  They have
>> looked at the front end and said there is nothing wrong - last time I
>> was told it was the tires picking up snow and ice but it happens in all
>> four seasons.
>>
>> It happens on straightaways and on curves of either direction.  Slowing
>> down will stop it but it will also stop of its own accord after a few
>> seconds.  I don't think it has ever lasted more than 15-20 seconds - the
>> shimmy version if it, at any rate.  The more pronounce version ends
>> quickly because I will take my foot off the gas and reducing speed will
>> usually end it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Joe,

Joe,

I probably should have asked what is the brand of the van, year and
miles.  All will help with advice.

BTW those others that have responded have added to my list of possible
issues.  A small problem of two could be a big overall issue.  It would
be an accumulative effect.  Again replacing one would either fix it or
tell you where it is not.  When I am troubleshooting I end up finding a
lot of nots!!!

Good luck and have a good week.

Les