Re: Napco MA2600

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 9:09:05 AM UTC-5, m.isb...@xxxxxxxxx wro=
te:
> On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 6:08:58 AM UTC-5, Jim Rojas wrote:
> > Does anyone have an old MA2600 board I can borrow with a known master=
=20
> > security code?
> >=20
> > Jim Rojas
> > Technical Manuals Online!
> > http://www.tech-man.com
> > 8002 Cornwall Lane
> > Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> > 813-884-6335
>=20
> Howdy - just saw this after Googling - I'm trying to find the "back door"=
 on the 2600 downloader to download user code changes only. The only choice=
s I have are 1- the entire program + (or -) user codes and 2- the zones + (=
or -) user codes. Any advice from "Ol-Timers" would be much appreciated.

Actually you should have started a new thread.=20

However ........ If you just want to change user codes you should have a "u=
ser" programming code. Check on line for a copy of the users manual if you =
don't have one, to see the procedure for changing codes.=20

If you have the master/dealer code and the PCD2000 program and you just wan=
t to change user codes. Upload the existing program to the PCD2000 program.=
 Change the user codes in the PCD2000 program and then just download everyt=
hing back to the panel.=20

Even though I have a number of the 2600's still in service, it's been a lon=
g time since I've had to download one. If I remember correctly, the earlier=
 units could not be downloaded remotely. Then they came out with the LKDL (=
Downloadable) units.

 If you want to download locally, you'd have to have the PCD2000 program, t=
he master code and the PCI mini dongle.=20

If you want to download remotely you also have to have the dealer code and =
have a 300baud or slower modem and the master code. However if you do have =
the dealer code, the keypad programming is pretty straight forward if you s=
tudy the manual a bit. There are two kinds of keypads and the programming m=
ethods are different for each=20

If your request for a "back door" means you want to find a way around the m=
aster code to default or gain access to programming the panel, That informa=
tion may be "out there" somewhere but I don't remember ever seeing it for t=
he 2600.

Here's one little tidbit. The panel has a "memory" battery underneath the s=
mall raised printed circuit board. If you have never changed this little ba=
ttery in all these years, you can remove it while the panel is powered up a=
nd replace it with a new one. If this battery is bad and you lose complete =
power, your panel will be defaulted and have to be programmed from scratch.=
 Be careful removing and manipulating the small printed circuit board with =
the panel powered up. Don't pull out the ribbon cable while you're changing=
 the battery. You may need someone to hold the small board while you change=
 the battery.=20

Not that it would do you any good but also the panel can be programmed via =
a programming chip but you'd never be able to find someone with the 410 chi=
p programmer anymore.