Re: PA circuit

Joe,   are the outputs from the amps  for  ohm  loads (4,6,16, etc...)   or
is it using line level  (25 volt, 70 volt)
If line level,  make sure all the speaker tap transformers are set  fairly
close to the same level  ( .5 watt, 1.5 watt, etc...)
If they are using ohm load,  then the wires that attach to the amp  must
match the acceptable range on the amp  (4 ohms, 8 ohms 16 ohms...)
(If not,  like Able1  said  they most likely let the smoke out....)
However  some expensive amps have auto disconnects,  if that's the case
correct the load problem,  and it should work..
this link  is for a bogen general classic amp.  you might be able to figure
out what you need to do from it..

http://www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/mixerampspdfs/C35m.pdf

Pa's  are not that big a deal   but like everything else  they take a little
getting use too..

RTS

"ABLE1"  wrote in message news:Loldw.786793$FX2.613942@xxxxxxxxxxx

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> PA systems mystify me.  Prolly 'cause I've only touched a handful
> throughout the course of my life.
>
> Got one... Ethernet module talks to the amp.  The amp feeds the speakers.
>
> They expanded the shop and we added another amp and speaker.
>
> With our amp unplugged the system works.
>
> I Plug the 600ohm out from the existing amp to Line2 of our new amp and
> the pa still works.
>
> I plug the output from our amp into the speaker.
>
> The pa system does not work.
>
> Speaker circuit is 17ohms (this is how little I know about his shit- don't
> even know if that's a good reading from a speaker or not - lol).
>
> It did work initially, then stopped - during and/or after (reports are it
> may have been during one of the last adjustments- no one is sure) some
> settings on the speaker were adjusted for louder volume.
>
> I think it's our amp.
>
> Others think it's the existing amp.
>
> Any insight?

Running for the door might be a wise

Got no clue but from what you describe the new thingie may have let out the
invisible smoke.

---