Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..

Jim  I use to go to Excite, The Globe, MSN, ICQ, even yahoo groups  (hosted
on their own servers)
But as you might notice  there all gone..
Much like you  I hang around here for the occasional interesting tid-bit..

Much like teenagers,  as we get older  we seem to know it all..   ;-)
Or  just don't care..   ROFL

Happy Holidays
RTS

---------
"Jim"  wrote in message

I have to say that it sure is too bad that this newsgroup has just about
reached the end of it's existence. Back in 1996, when I first came across
the group I thought .... what a great thing this was. What a place for end
users installers, manufacturer and whatever to come together to get and give
information  ... help.... advice. Even all the while it was going through
bad times there were always the little gems of information that would slip
through the garbage. And when all that finally came to an end .... I thought
NOW .... it will build back up to it's potential but .... (I think)
unfortunately the "social networking" craze has sapped all the potential
users away from the Newsgroup forums, which leaves nothing left to attract
anyone here. There are still a lot of the old ALT forums still functioning
on other subjects but unfortunately this one has deteriorated to the point
of no return.

The moderated forums are neat and orderly but to my taste they are much too
populated. If you don't have the time to check in on them a half dozen times
a day, by the time you get to look in on them, twenty people have already
responded and/or answered any posts that have been made. Hardly an hour goes
by after an original post that some one or half dozen people have responded.
In brief .... they're simply overpopulated and all you can do is read the
questions and answers and very seldom get to participate.

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone found any other alarm related groups
or forums that are interesting?

Again .... Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jim

---