Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I have to say that it sure is too bad that this newsgroup has just about re=
ached the end of it's existence. Back in 1996, when I first came across the=
 group I thought .... what a great thing this was. What a place for end use=
rs installers, manufacturer and whatever to come together to get and give i=
nformation  ... help.... advice. Even all the while it was going through ba=
d times there were always the little gems of information that would slip th=
rough the garbage. And when all that finally came to an end .... I thought =
NOW .... it will build back up to it's potential but .... (I think) unfortu=
nately the "social networking" craze has sapped all the potential users awa=
y from the Newsgroup forums, which leaves nothing left to attract anyone he=
re. There are still a lot of the old ALT forums still functioning on other =
subjects but unfortunately this one has deteriorated to the point of no ret=
urn.=20

The moderated forums are neat and orderly but to my taste they are much too=
 populated. If you don't have the time to check in on them a half dozen tim=
es a day, by the time you get to look in on them, twenty people have alread=
y responded and/or answered any posts that have been made. Hardly an hour g=
oes by after an original post that some one or half dozen people have respo=
nded. In brief .... they're simply overpopulated and all you can do is read=
 the questions and answers and very seldom get to participate.=20

So, just out of curiosity, has anyone found any other alarm related groups =
or forums that are interesting?

Again .... Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jim