Re: Why ADT Monitoring is better.

On Thursday, November 6, 2014 11:56:18 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampbel wrote in message=20
>=20
> >
> > It always frustrates me when I see clients choosing ADT as their securi=
ty=20
> > provider based on advertising alone, with little to no investigation of=
=20
> > other resources.
> >
> > The triumph of advertising over common sense....
>=20
>=20
> I see that all the time in every industry.  Companies seem to advertise t=
hat=20
> they are better at the very things are the reason I dumped them for someb=
ody=20
> else.  As I've said before when I call a manager to resolve a problem it'=
s=20
> the kiss of death when they say, "We pride ourselves on our customer=20
> service."  Are you f'k'n stupid or do you think I am?  I wouldn't be talk=
ing=20
> to you if there wasn't a customer service problem.  Saying that doesn't m=
ake=20
> it true.  Its just insulting.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> --
> Bob La Londe
> The Security Consultant

There are lots of companies who's popularity is only as a result of their i=
ncessant advertising. Bose, Thompson water seal, GICO insurance, Monster ca=
ble,  are a few that come to mind. Rather than put the money into research =
and development and product quality, they put it into marketing and adverti=
sing. The population has and is growing a such a rate that there truly is a=
 sucker born every minute and these companies depend on that. You hardly ev=
er see the top of the line products advertised. They don't require much mor=
e than the fact that the product perform as the company states it will. App=
arently there are still enough of those kinds of customers left to support =
them.