Napco cell requires microsoft silverlight

I just add a radio to my napco account, and in order to set the
parameters for the radio, I must install silverlight.  Silverlight seems
to be a video/sound program to allow microsoft to compete with flash.
Why it is needed to set up radios, which is text only I don't know.  Is
there a work around or does anyone know about this?  I use Linux
(Ubuntu) and Firefox.

John