Re: ? Anybody Recognize This DVR Card ?

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 5:46:54 PM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
> Anybody recognize this DVR card pulled from a dead computer?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://www.yumabassman.com/images/DVR.jpg
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Its 16 channels.  The computer is dead with multiple issues.  Thought I=
=20
>=20
> would drop the card in another computer if I can figure out what software=
 to=20
>=20
> run with it.

Bob,

Looks like there are a lot of similar cards out there when searching Google=
 Images for "techwell tw2804 16 channel dvr card" or similar searches, but =
none that I found that actually look the same.  However, any of the web sea=
rch results seem to point to either ebay or the sort of companies you get b=
roken-english spam from... "DVr for only $8 you buy"

I figured the "4" in "TW2804" had something to do with 4 channels, so they =
put 4 chips in to make a 16 channel DVR card.

I saw in one post that Techwell is now called Intersil... http://www.inters=
il.com/en/parametricsearch.html#g=3Daudiovideo&sg=3Dvideo-products-from-tec=
hwell

When I was still building PC-based DVR's (I delusionally got into this work=
 to get away from things like building computers), I would leave all the CD=
's inside the case, taped to the bottom below the motherboard.  This made i=
t very easy to format the drive and start over if needed.  If only everyone=
 did this.

Either way, I would just throw it out.  Why have a one-off DVR out there?

- Chris